With the warmer weather already upon us, and the forecast for a very hot summer (yay!) I thought it would be a good time to run over a few tips for caring for your eyelash extensions in hot weather. They do need a little more TLC in hot weather to make sure they last a long time!
- Don’t get your eyelash extensions wet/hot and sweaty in the first 24 hours of having them applied (i.e. if it’s a super hot day, avoid the gym for that day). In humid weather they really need the full 24 hours to bond properly
- Be careful of oily residue – as oil is the natural enemy of eyelash extensions. Use an oil-free sunscreen, and avoid the spray-on kinds on your face. If you have very oily skin, consider using a matifying lotion/blotting papers to reduce the oil that comes into contact with your lashes.
- When swimming in chlorinated water, gently rinse your lashes off afterwards with tap water. Don’t let the chlorine dry on them – it can eat away at the glue and make your lashes very messy!
- Hair grows faster in warmer weather – and so do your eyelashes! You may need to have your infills done a little more frequently if your lashes are growing fast, to keep them neat and tidy.
- Consider using a coating sealant to protect them. We stock Max2 Coating sealant in clear and now also in black, which is a great product in terms of helping your lashes last the distance. It’s a silicone-based product that is brushed on and protects the adhesive bond against oil and water. You can buy it at our store in Newtown.