How to Enter and Terms and Conditions
A Mother of a Makeover – How to Enter/Terms and Conditions
To enter, entrants must:
a) follow @ladylashau, @browgamesydney, @aloftstory, @dolcevitabeaute, @makeupbyjenbazzi on Instagram or like all businesses on Facebook;
b) enter via our competition page and describe in 50 words or less why the mother they have nominated (does not need to be a relative/their own mother) deserves to win, and –
c) attach a clear headshot photograph of their nominee mother on the competition page (does not need to be the entrants own mother) ;
d) complete all fields on the competition page
before the closing date of the Competition (11:59PM AEST, 6th of May 2018)
(If entrants do not currently hold an Instagram or Facebook account, they can download the Instagram or Facebook application from their mobile or tablet device, or visit www.instagram.com and register for an account to participate in the Competition. Instagram is free to join. Entrants must ensure that their profile settings on Instagram or Facebook (whichever they choose to enter) are set to public. Any entry using a private profile setting will be ineligible to enter the Competition. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. By entering the Competition, entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. Any violation of these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia over the age of 18. Nominees must also be permanent residents of Australia over the age of 18.
- Entry is limited to one entry per person during the period of the Competition. Multiple entries by the same person will result in disqualification.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the businesses offering prizes (Promoters or we), their subsidiaries and the agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent or step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, sibling, step-sibling or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who otherwise tampers with the entry process. Manifest errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incorrect, incomplete, lost, late or misdirected entries.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity or details of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity or details of the entrant.
- The promotion commences at 9.00AM AEST on 10 April 2018 and closes at 11.59PM AEST on 6 May 2018 (Promotional Period). Entries submitted and received by the Promoter after this time will not be accepted. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- PRIZES: The maximum total prize pool value for this Competition is AUD$2,018.00 (inclusive of GST). This value is based on the standard service price of each service/product RRP at the time of competition commencement. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- If for any reason any of the specified prizes (or part of them) cannot be used, the Promoter reserves the right to replace it with something of similar purpose and equal or lesser value. All services MUST be redeemable on the dates specified below.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, or any part thereof, are not transferable, saleable or exchangeable and cannot be taken or redeemed as cash or equivalent. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
- It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the Winner must comply with all of the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. The Winner must be available to redeem all of the services on either 24th-25th May, 2018, or the 14th – 15th June, 2018 (the winner has choice of dates)
- It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the Winner will be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. The Winner and the entrant (nominating person) will both be required to sign a model release form, giving permission for before and after photographs and video to be taken immediately before, during, and after the makeover session, and to be used for any promotional purpose in part or full, edited or unedited by the promoters.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, as regards this Competition or the merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose regarding any prize or any component of any prize.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the entry and any accompanying comments they submit (Submission). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Submission to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Submission without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Submission that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem is in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain full prior written consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Submission, to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Submission shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
- The competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the selection of the winner. The winner will be chosen by a panel of representatives from each of the involved businesses. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name and likeness, in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter, and their related bodies corporate.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity, loss of business or loss of goodwill or loss of profits); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is cancelled, delayed, interrupted, diverted, late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter or otherwise); (d) any variation in prize value or specification to that stated or referred to in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability or similar charge incurred by the Winner; or (f) use of a prize by the Winner.
- Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or any other event beyond its control and in these circumstances, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition (without liability) and, if it elects to do so, recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, (including but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Competition.
- Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any breach of the above terms or warranties.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter (including any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and the Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact the Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to the Promoter.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and the Winner’s names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- This Competition and any issues relating to the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
- There are some medical and health conditions that may not be compatible with certain components of the prize (services), mostly pertaining to cosmetic tattoo***. The entrant certifies that, at the time of entry, they were not aware of the nominee having any medical or health condition that would prevent them from receiving the prize. (Please note that the promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner, if it is found that the original winner is not able to receive the any or all of the services as part of the prize, or in the case of medical issues preventing cosmetic tattoo, providing an alternate treatment such as tint/shape of brows)
***the following health/medical conditions are not compatible with certain beauty services that form a large part of the prize, therefore persons with these conditions at the time of entry should not be nominated: pregnant or breast-feeding, undergoing treatment for IVF/assisted reproduction, severe eczema or psoriasis of the face, recent (within 6 months) invasive facial surgery, recent laser eye surgery (within 3 months), allergy or severe sensitivity to eyelash extensions, allergy to henna, dyes or tattoo pigments, heart conditions, mitral valve prolapse, currently in treatment/ within 6 months of treatment for cancer, haemophilia and other clotting disorders, very high blood pressure, alopecia.