Just had eyelash extensions applied for the first time, and wondering how you’ll ever live without them again!? You are probably wondering how to look after eyelash extensions, to extend their life and make sure they last!
Here we have our 10 best tips that explain the best way to look after your eyelash extensions that will keep them looking their best and remain long lasting.
How to look after eyelash extensions
1. Don’t get them wet at first! Like go swimming or training in the first 24 hours! This time is needed for the glue to achieve the maximum bond.
2. If you have to use mascara – use the right mascara! With the right eyelash extensions you shouldn’t need to apply mascara, but if you feel the need to use mascara. Ask your eyelash extension technician to recommend an oil free mascara to use as most mascaras weaken the glue that bonds the eyelashes.
3. Use cotton tips to remove make-up by gently wiping across the top of your eyes, avoiding rubbing down onto the extensions.
4. Do not use cleansers, make-up removers or moisturisers that contain oil or solvents on your eyes, as these will compromise the bonding agent used to adhere your eyelashes.Your technician can recommend suitable products that are oil free.
5. Avoid rubbing your eyes, try and remember to pat your eyes gently dry which will ensure no accidental damage is done
6. Ripping off your clothes! – be careful when changing. Most fabrics love to cling on to eyelashes.
7. Don’t pull at your extensions – it can pull out your natural lash and potentially create some gaps.
8. Avoid tinting your eyelash extensions. – The roughness of wiping of the tint and cause lashes to fall out, and it is best not to expose them to tint.
9 Avoid using eyelash curlers on your eyelashes. – Extensions have inbuilt curl. Tell your techican how curly you like them, we can customise them for you.
10. Don’t leave it too long between infills – under 3 weeks is best, as by 4 – 5 weeks they may be too grown out to infill effectively, and a new set may be needed.